Wednesday, September 10, 2003

pokka mango drink -$0.70

the painful point of my project has arrived... production work... i hate it... but i guess this round it wont be too bad since i got to do design in the eariler part...



well pain aside, i found the receipt for the mango drink on my desk while i was packing up for work. (by now u shld realise the mess ive got piled up every where...) anyhow, i remember this mango drink thing to be on the shelves of every supermarket when i was seven and i loved it. ild always bug my mom to get one for me and though, at that time, it was kinda pricey my mom wld still get me one every time i asked... thinking back i can remember how nice i used to think it was. and i also thought it was juice when infact its really like a mango flavoured drink wif a few drops of mango extracts, like the label says. once my mom bought like five for me (yea my moms the best), they were sooo precious it took me like a mth to finish them. right now it'll take me less than a day to down all of em... haha.



i also found like a few scribbles made by my brother on a folded piece of paper. it had little drawings of pple each accompanied wif a few words sketched on their bellies.



one of em had no hair but a goatee and on his belly was written,

"the police are after me".

another had a frown and a scar on his face, on whom was scribbled,

"i am beat up".

on other parts of the paper was broken sentences wif words crossed out and shaded over.

sentences like,



_this is good beau

______________because the pen



_they donot like this

_______each other

___________we play with



_this is wat most

_people draw

s

__mo

______ot

_________hly

_____________ good



...it shows a level of thought, also an amount of stress. he never really talks abt it but i guess while one scribbles things going thro our heads gets some how translated on to sketches and words, which only we who draw it noe its real meaning. i used to do it all ther time, though i dun think i have saved any of such scribbles from my childhood. but i can remember, vividly how it felt like to put ur thoughts on paper, kinda releases the hold those thoughts hav on ur mind.

over all im glad my brother is questioning why. questioning the things arnd him. bad thing abt it is that prolly my father has passed some morally challenging statements to him... well i guess its part of being a kid in my family.



third attempt at starting work

No comments:

Post a Comment