Sunday, April 13, 2003

cheese and onion omelette

its not anythin new but it taste great and ive only realised the recipe a week ago. so im pretty exicited abt it :� oh ya and parts of it goes to my frnd who taught me, verbally, how to cook those sweet japanese omelettes they leave atop sushi. yay!



The recipe �

Depending on the size of the pan, mine has a radius of 100mm so I�m using, 3 eggs � whisked.

Parmesan cheese, I�ve used mozzarella but feel that parmesan works better. We�ll need about a handful. If you are using jus one egg use less cheese�

Chop up onions to your preference. I use about one onion sliced so they come in crescents. My onions are the small ones, difficult getting those huge bulbs where I stay.



Alright, heat up the pan on a low flame. Keep the flame low. I use butter, other forms of oil is fine, a little less than a tablespoon.

stirfry the onions till the first browns turn up on the edges and, wif the butter still in, take the onions out.



In goes the eggs!



Now u gotta watch close,when the egg gets cooked ard the edges, evenly pour the cheese ,wif the onions going in straight after, along the middle of the eggs.

the top layer of the eggs ought to still be half cooked or liquid at this point

flip a left third of the eggs in toward the ctr and then the right. it should "stick".

let it cook and flip the egg over so it cooks on both sides.



don't over cook it!



estimate for the cheese to hav melt well within the omelette. remove and u r ready to serve.

start cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment